Seattle Organic SEO (as it says in the name) primarily focuses on helping small businesses rank in the organic or natural results of the top search engines in the world. As wikipedia defines, “Organic search results are listings on search engine results pages that appear because of their relevance to the search terms, as opposed to their being advertisements. In contrast, non-organic search results may include pay per click advertising.”
There are many benefits to being listed in the organic results, but the ones to consider as a small business are:
- Efficient and Inexpensive Marketing – reduce your business development costs significantly. After you’re maintaining a high ranking, you’re basically getting free traffic.
- More traffic & ultimately more potential customers. There’s a significant amount of research that says people click on the organic results vs. the paid. Numbers from 75-84% click on the Natural results vs. 16-25% clicks on the paid results are what’s generally accepted in the search community**.
- Get “decision makers” to click through to your website. There are studies showing that “visitors with a higher education” are clicking through to the organic results vs. the paid ones
- Long term traffic. You don’t need to pay to get exposure after you finally rank in the top positions. Month after month, visitors are clicking through to your website because you’re in their search path.
- Improve your branding. Show visitors that you are related to key phrases they are searching for. You’ll earn respect from people by being the highest ranking website for phrases people are searching for. Imagine being the main site that shows up for “best small business.” Consumers equate you as being literally what they are searching for if you constantly appear for that search.
There are additional benefits in being ranked in the top 10 organic seo results. A study done by AOL in 2005 identified being in the top 10 natural search engine results netted you the following click through rates:
**Hubspot identifies the click rate of 75% for organic and 25% for ppc; at a presentation provided by an SEO.com consultant, I was told that their estimates are as high as 84% for the organic results coming to a search engine results page. Other great explanations of the benefits of Organic Search ranking include Big Oak, Hubspot,and TopRankBlog which does show there are numbers that do say the organic can be as low as 60.5% which is still the majority of visitors to the SERPS. I’ve seen with clients a much higher number of click throughs on their Google Webmasters and Google Analytics accounts