When is the deadline for YouTube Works submissions?
January 17, 2020
Here in 2020, it’s January 17th for all the marketing campaigns carried out in 2019. The contest actually started back in September of last year.
What is YouTube Works?
It’s another competition and awards event put on by YouTube profiling some of the best marketing campaigns on the growing video channel.
In their words:
The YouTube Works Awards— in partnership with Kantar—celebrate and champion the brilliant minds producing the most innovative and effective campaigns on YouTube in the past year.
Kantar is home to some of the world’s leading research, data and insights expertise. Collectively, our 30,000 employees offer the most complete view of consumers – the way they think, feel, shop, share, vote and view – in over a hundred countries worldwide. For the benefit of our clients, Kantar connects these specialists as well as providing access to the wider WPP group of companies and other partners.
What categories do they have?
- Creative innovation: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates brilliant creative execution on a digital platform that drove business results
- Media Innovation: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates brilliant media planning that drove business results
- Better Together: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the most strategic example of agencies working together to merge media and creative in an innovative and effective way to break through.
- The David: Celebrating the campaign that created a Goliath-sized impact for a David-sized brand.
- Force For Good: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates proven impact on social causes that goes deeper than the bottom line.
- Action Driver: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates how YouTube was used to drive customers to action in decision making moments.
- Search For Success: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the integration of the YouTube platform with Google Search, using insights and the ecosystem to drive business results.
- Ingenious Insight: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the use of insights to power the creative use of the YouTube platform.
- Brands As Creators: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates brands behaving like creators, using YouTube formats that tap into consumer trends and growing communities.
- Grand Prix: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the most effective, creative, innovative and data-driven work with demonstrable business results.
How does the awards competition work?
Submit your best work from 2019 to be reviewed by our panel of industry leaders in two rounds.
Our judges will select the winners across a number of awards categories and a Grand Prix will be awarded to the submission that best demonstrates brilliant results, storytelling and effectiveness. Visit here to submit.
How do you win?
From the horse’s mouth:
Our judges are looking for campaigns that have creatively, strategically and effectively leveraged YouTube to achieve a clear business impact. Make sure you set the scene and be clear about your KPIs. The metrics you provide will help our judges understand your work and the challenges of your category and marketplace.
Consider co-writing your submission, media and creative collaborations help to tell the full story.
Tell a story with a beginning (objectives), middle (approach), and end (impact)
Stick to simple and concise
Include critical context around your creative
Remember we need all relevant media referenced in your submission
Note any factors external to YouTube that could have impacted results
Share as many metrics as you can and include objectives, KPIs, and benchmarks